Junior Automation Developer
MSI Data is a young and growing software company with a strong foundation, and we’re rapidly becoming an industry leader in the field workforce automation software marketplace. Our mobile and field management software is exciting for companies large and small because it improves the productivity of their field workforce. No more paper, no more spreadsheets, and no more complicated business processes. Our customers love us because we make sure that all MSI applications are easy to acquire, easy to deploy, and deliver a rapid return on investment.
We are looking for a Junior Developer who is motivated to combine the art of testing with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include implementing automated tests on visual elements and their behaviors with user interactions as well as integration/unit tests on server-side logic. You will also work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build client-side and server-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the quality assurance and developing new products, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions as well as how to automate testing to help find regressions and help relieve stress on full round regression testing.
- Help QA automate tests with code
- Work with other developers to improve existing testing frameworks
- Develop new user-facing features
- Create web and mobile friendly services
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Create documentation for deployment and future developers
- Perform peer code reviews and testing
Skills and Qualifications
- Exposure to NUnit, JUnit, or similar testing framework
- Ability to collaborate with engineers throughout the entire software development lifecycle to solve engineering problems
- Experience with Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code
- Work with C# (or Java) and Object Oriented design
- Develop tests to validate acceptance criteria has been met
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to a sense of urgency for project timelines
Nice to Haves
- Basic understanding of Selenium or other automated testing framework
- Awareness of KnockoutJS, ReactJS, or TypeScript
- Exposure to front-end tools, such as npm and webpack
- Basic understanding of .NET Core
- Experience with microservices
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and a great working environment. MSI Data, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Up for the challenge? Please email your resume and salary history/requirements to email@example.com.