Associate Software Developer
About This Opportunity
The Associate Software Developer role, an exempt position, at MSI Data is the ideal opportunity for a talented and ambitious software industry professional to demonstrate their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic market – service management software. As an Associate Software Developer for our flagship, cloud-based Service Pro® enterprise, scheduling and mobile field service software application, you will be part of a team that is enabling its customers to transform their operations.
This role will be involved in software development across the Service Pro technology stack, including back-end business logic, data design, front-end application, mobile applications, or integration components. Software development at MSI is done using the Agile framework with all software developers engaged in sprint planning and delivery. It is an opportunity to work in highly engaged cross-functional teams, with exposure to product management and QA perspectives. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development and loves seeing results by creating robust enterprise class software products.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Software Development role. The right fit will work alongside other software developers in the organization.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has colossal ambition and the skills to match: You aren’t shy about where you want your career to take you, but you’re not all talk either; you put your skills to workday in and day out.
- Is eager to learn new skills and is ready to challenge yourself to demonstrate them.
- Thrives on teamwork as a way to improve everyone around you.
- Contribute as an active software developer on an agile scrum team
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including peer reviews and software testing
- Work with business analysts and product owners to translate user stories into working software
- Learn a breadth of software technologies and apply those skills to application development
- BS or similar certification in Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in software development and data design
- Familiarity with agile software development practices
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Demonstrated passion for learning and delivering results
- Familiarity in cloud hosting technologies
Physical, Mental and Availability Demands
Because we’re in software, we spend a lot of time in front of our computers, of course! Because of this, you should be prepared to remain in a stationary position during most working hours. This also means there is a basic expectation that you’ll be able to make effective use of a computer. We do value work/life balance, but to cut down on interference of other work, there may be expectations of availability on evenings and weekends.
Why should I consider working for MSI Data?
Service Pro®, named an industry leader three consecutive times by G2 Crowd, is one of the most exciting up-and-coming brands in the field service software marketplace. Our customers are the experts that keep mission-critical equipment in commercial, industrial and medical facility settings up and running. Service Pro is trusted by service businesses spanning over a dozen industries, and our development team is rapidly adding new capabilities to the product.
Competitive compensation, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision, and insurance coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and a great working environment.
MSI Data is an equal opportunity employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, and/or military status.