Manager, DevOps and CloudOps
About This Opportunity
The Manager, DevOps / CloudOps role, an exempt position, at MSI Data is the ideal opportunity for an experienced, talented and ambitious software industry professional looking to grow their career in a rapidly growing and dynamic market – service management software. As the Manager, DevOps /CloudOps for our flagship, cloud-based Service Pro® enterprise, scheduling and mobile field service software application, you will lead the DevOps and cloud operations for the Service Pro product environment, as well as play a key role in the overall IT strategy at MSI Data.
This role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer. This individual will work directly with other technology leaders and business leaders on our overall product strategy. The role will also have direct responsibility with external software product and solution providers.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has colossal ambition and the skills to match: You aren’t shy about where you want your career to take you, but you’re not all talk either; you put your skills to workday in and day out.
- Is passionate about delivering high quality software products to market.
- Looks to create simple, goof-proof operational processes – that are built for scale.
- Thrives on teamwork as a way to improve everyone around you.
- Lead the DevOps and cloud operations functions at MSI Data.
- Play a key role in MSI Data’s overall IT strategy, including business IT infrastructure and Security operations.
- Lead vendor evaluations and technology decisions for tools and technology.
- Lead architecture, operations, and cost management for cloud hosting environments.
- Evaluate new technologies and operations practices to advance MSI Data products and business operations.
- Work with Product Management and other business functions to make IT infrastructure a key differentiator for our customers.
- BS or similar certification in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in software DevOps and cloud operations roles
- 1-2 years team leadership experience
- Operational or leadership experience in cloud hosting technologies – AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated experience in IT infrastructure leadership, including vendor management
- Familiarity with IT Security operations (preferred)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in teams
Physical, Mental and Availability Demands
This is a largely sedentary role, so you must be able to remain in a stationary position during most working hours. In this role, you will need to be able to make effective use of a computer. As part of MSI Data’s production operations teams, there will be periodic need for availability on evenings and weekends.
Why should I consider working for MSI Data?
Service Pro®, named an industry leader three consecutive times by G2 Crowd, is one of the most exciting up-and-coming brands in the field service software marketplace. Our customers are the experts that keep mission-critical equipment in commercial, industrial and medical facility settings up and running. Service Pro is trusted by service businesses spanning over a dozen industries, and our development team is rapidly adding new capabilities to the product.
Competitive compensation, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision, and insurance coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and a great working environment.
MSI Data is an equal opportunity employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, and/or military status.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.