Think outside the box to get more value out of your fire system inspection process
We all know inspections are a vital and necessary aspect of fire safety, and a lack of proper fire inspections can lead to disaster. But with an app to automate inspections, fire protection businesses can tackle mandatory inspections and have time left over to gather additional information on the jobsite.
By speeding and automating the mandatory inspections you’ve always had to do, you’ll have more time to find answers to questions like, “What’s my long-term service potential with this customer?” or “How is my customer service measuring up against my competitors?”
Before we get into some of the creative ways your fire inspectors can use a mobile inspection app to improve productivity, profitability, and even customer satisfaction, here are the mobile features you’ll need to automate the process:
- Customizable electronic inspection forms. Create your own inspection forms to sync with inspectors’ mobile devices. By completing the forms on their mobile device, inspectors no longer have to worry about printing forms, reentering data, or filing paper documents; it’s all automatic.
- Cross-platform inspection app. The mobile inspection app integrates with the back office, so inspectors just complete the e-form in the field, take a picture, collect a signature, and sync for instant reporting.
- Automated inspection reports. With greater forms adaptability and more efficient inspection procedures, managers can increase inspection detail to make their organization more data-driven with detailed inspection reports delivered right to their inbox.
Inspection ideas to take your fire protection business to the next level
Now let’s get to the good part. With the flexibility afforded to fire protection companies using a mobile inspection app, the amount of information they can collect is endless. Here are ideas you can use to get the most out of automated inspections in your fire protection business.
1. Use inspection data to drive service performance improvements
As part of an all-in-one service management system, customizable inspection apps work in tandem with the rest of the service process including scheduling, dispatching, inventory, asset tracking, and more. For example, an inspector could take periodic reviews of his van’s inventory and sync on the mobile device so the information is visible to whoever’s in charge of purchasing and stocking inventory.
2. Survey customer satisfaction
Conduct customer surveys inquiring customers about their satisfaction with your company, inspector performance, and level of service. With inside information into customer preferences, you can cater your service offerings and prioritize certain skills and behaviors to match what customers want most.
3. Identify additional service opportunities
Use inspections as the front-end process to identify more service opportunities. By selling inspection work first, you can identify areas of improvement at each customer facility. Doing so may not only increase the volume of service work for each customer, but it also strengthens your customer relationships.
4. Integrate inspection information with ERP or accounting system
Inspectors with a mobile inspection app no longer need to reenter data collected in the field. All information documented in the app automatically integrates with the ERP and back office systems. Field inspectors can use these integrations to track information related to customers, accounts, inventory, and new orders to immediately identify new opportunities and organize billing and account information.
Conclusion: Gain valuable feedback to actively improve your business
With heightened competitive pressures and increasing compliance requirements among fire protection businesses, there has never been a better time to provide your field inspectors with mobile tools to complete not only the information you need, but also the data you’ve always wanted to build a better business. Use the feedback you gain from real-time field workforce data collection to take action and improve your fire protection business from the inside out.
Are you drowning in the chaos and inefficiency of performing manual inspections? Learn how an automated inspection process could be the life saver you’ve been looking for.