Injecting mobility into your service operations can do more than just increase productivity—it can transform the way you do business.Many of us have heard about the shift from cost-centric to profit-centric business models. Instead of focusing on initial sales or emergency-break fix orders, field service organizations are building stability and profitability by focusing on long-term profit making strategies like warranties, preventive maintenance , or complex product repair that can be customized for each customer. Now–right when we think we’ve got this profit-centric thing figured out–Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA) predicts yet another shift in the state of field service in its Outcome-Based Services Portfolio—this time away from profit-centric only model toward an outcome-based approach that positions the customer and the provider as co-producers of outcomes, working together to achieve the best results.
Mobile Shifts Relationship Between Customer and Provider
Tie Revenue to Service: How an Outcome-Based Model Actually WorksWhat’s a great way to prove your company’s trustworthiness and service quality? Give customers the option to pay based on outcome. By linking revenue to service outcomes, you show customers that you’re serious about working together to create the most valuable solution for them. With an outcome-based approach, your company will:
- Increase sales
- Build trust and reputation
- Reduce the cost of customer acquisition
- Retain existing customers
Monitor Outcomes to Determine Cost with a Field Service Management AppIn order to run a successful outcome-based strategy, you’ll need to start with a quality field service app that can organize, automate, and monitor outcomes so you always know what’s going on with hard evidence to prove it. Here are some of the tools that will be most useful as you undertake this new business approach: 1. Mobile:
- A mobile field service app is necessary in order to run a successful outcome-based business model because it empowers customers by connecting them with technicians. It’s easy to create customer surveys, chat panes, and customized reports so customers stay in the loop.
- In addition to customer involvement, mobile field service apps make it easier for techs to
- in the field.
- When companies can create customized forms, they’re able to monitor the right information to improve business intelligence. With
- , techs can track the outcomes of their performance in the field, the functionality their assets, and more.