Associate Data Engineer
About This Opportunity
The Associate Data Engineer role, a/an exempt/non-exempt position, at MSI Data is the ideal opportunity for an experienced, talented and ambitious software industry professional looking to grow their career in a rapidly growing and dynamic market – service management software. As the Associate Data Engineer for our flagship, cloud-based Service Pro® enterprise, scheduling and mobile field service software application, you will help shape how data analytics can deliver value to our customers and MSI Data.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Software Development. The right fit will work alongside software development and customer delivery team members.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has colossal ambition and the skills to match: You aren’t shy about where you want your career to take you, but you’re not all talk either; you put your skills to workday in and day out.
- Is passionate about learning new skills and is ready to demonstrate them.
- Thrives on teamwork as a way to improve everyone around you.
- Is looking to build expertise around the value of data. This is an ideal place stepping stone to building an AI centric career.
- Become proficient in data reporting technologies such as SSRS, Power BI, and Crystal Reports
- Work with customer delivery team members to define data reporting requirements and implementing reports
- Explore operational reporting solutions and data presentation methodologies
- Become familiar with data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Explore ways that data and analytics can create a foundation for AI/ML capabilities for service management
- BS or similar certification in Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in data reporting and analytics modeling
- Familiarity with agile software development practices
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in teams
- Demonstrated passion for learning and delivering results
- Familiarity in web-based applications
Physical, Mental and Availability Demands
This is a largely sedentary role, so you must be able to remain in a stationary position during most working hours. In this role, you will need to be able to make effective use of a computer. Although infrequent, there may be expectations of availability on evenings and weekends.
Why should I consider working for MSI Data?
Service Pro®, named an industry leader three consecutive times by G2 Crowd, is one of the most exciting up-and-coming brands in the field service software marketplace. Our customers are the experts that keep mission-critical equipment in commercial, industrial and medical facility settings up and running. Service Pro is trusted by service businesses spanning over a dozen industries, and our development team is rapidly adding new capabilities to the product.
Competitive compensation, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision, and insurance coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and a great working environment.
MSI Data is an equal opportunity employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, and/or military status.