About This Opportunity
The Solution Consultant role at MSI Data is the ideal opportunity for an experienced, talented and ambitious software industry professional in a rapidly growing and dynamic market – service management software. As the Solution Consultant for our flagship, cloud-based Service Pro® enterprise, scheduling, and mobile field service software application, you will be the face of MSI Data as you help to lead clients through their onboarding journey. The Solution Consultant works directly with clients to understand their business processes in order to configure and train them on the use of the Service Pro platform and best practices.
The Solution Consultant role is for a highly organized individual with a software implementation background looking to provide a phenomenal client experience.
This role reports directly to the Manager of Solution Consulting. The right fit is someone who will work alongside a Project Manager for onboarding clients and collaborate closely with the sales, customer success and engineering teams to deliver the right solutions for our clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
Has colossal ambition and the skills to match: You aren’t shy about where you want your Solution Consulting career to take you, but you’re not all talk either; you put your skills to work day in and day out.
Is uber-organized and can work on multiple client engagements at a time including new onboarding projects and requests from existing clients.
Is a leader and can facilitate client discussions or business process review sessions to gather and document a customer’s business requirements. Experience in creating process flow diagrams and other client-facing documentation is a plus!
Knows how to communicate technical details in a non-technical manner while walking through client configurations or leading training sessions.
Has technical aptitude to work through software configurations, create specifications and collaborate with software engineers.
- Ability to assess customer workflows and business requirements to assist in the development of Statements of Work.
- Lead business process review sessions to gather and document a customer’s business requirements. Experience in creating process flow diagrams and other client-facing documentation is a plus!
- Achieve team utilization goals and customer satisfaction for value add.
- Meet all required SLA’s for on-time project delivery.
- Scope out and provide level of effort details for different solutions or processes during the onboarding journey.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, sales, and other internal stakeholders to aid in the development of departmental documentation and continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage specification documents for customer commitments, reports, or alerts for the technology team to implement.
- Provide status updates and escalate as appropriate to ensure an on-time and under-budget completion.
- Manage multiple concurrent onboarding projects to completion for new onboarding clients and consulting engagements for existing clients.
- Improve business efficiency through contribution to standard implementation methodologies and working procedures.
- Train customers on any configurations and software solutions included in their contract.
- Assist customers with test scripts and provide guidance to “pass” their UAT testing.
- Provide input and assist in creating deployment plans for customer onboarding during deployment.
- Tailor a custom demonstration that reflects a customer’s business needs while utilizing industry best practices.
- Install and configure multiple technology solutions including rich client applications, web portals, alerts with email integration in both hosted and on-premise deployments.
- Perform recorded live software training via a webinar format.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in MIS, Business, or related field
- 2-3 years working as a Solution Consultant, Business Analyst, Technical Project Manager, or related field
- In lieu of formal education, 6+ working as a Solution Consultant, Business Analyst, Technical Project Manager, or related field
- Ability to work successfully on a team comprised of multiple customers, internal teams, and partner resources
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to present effectively and explain proposed solutions
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills and abilities to communicate deadlines and dependencies
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, Google Suite, and presentation tool skills preferred.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently ramp up on our product to start leading projects
- Skilled at reporting across the full spectrum of stakeholders: cross-functional peers, Managers of Professional Services, Senior Leadership team, or customer stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel on occasion, as needed.
Additional Desired Skills:
- High technical aptitude and curiosity
- Exposure to SQL, API integration and familiarity with JSON is an added advantage
- Skills as a lead project manager, business analyst, or sales engineer for B2B software
- Familiar with collaboration tools such as Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, JIRA
- Experience with demonstrating mobile applications
- Exposure to field service industry operations as a Dispatcher, Service Manager, Field Service Technician, or other
- Exposure to business-to-business ERP or CRM SaaS applications like Salesforce.com or NetSuite
Physical, Mental and Availability Demands
Because we’re in software, we spend a lot of time in front of our computers, of course! Because of this, you should be prepared to remain in a stationary position during most working hours. This also means there is a basic expectation that you’ll be able to make effective use of a computer. We do value work/life balance, but to cut down on interference of other work, occasionally there may be expectations of availability on evenings and weekends. As business travel returns, there may be an occasional need to travel and meet directly with our clients or partners.
Why should I consider working for MSI Data?
Service Pro®, named an industry leader three consecutive times by G2 Crowd, is one of the most exciting up-and-coming brands in the field service software marketplace. Our customers are the experts that keep mission-critical equipment in commercial, industrial and medical facility settings up and running. Service Pro is trusted by service businesses spanning over a dozen industries, and our development team is rapidly adding new capabilities to the product.
Competitive compensation, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision, and insurance coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan and a great working environment.
MSI Data is an equal opportunity employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, and/or military status.